Pixar commissioned commissioned the famous chef Thomas Keller to create an amazing ratatouille recipe for them to 'use' in their film Ratatouille. This recipe is what Remy makes at the end of the film. To make it easier to get the vegetables sliced thinly, I recommend using a mandoline. If you want to get fancy with the spices, this recipe can also be called Confit Byaldi. As for me, I just call it delicious. Be sure to try our Garlic Olive Oil for this recipe!
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 3 hours
- Total: 3 hours 45 min
- Serves 4 to 6
Preheat oven to 450°F.Read More
Pepper-Tomato Sauce (Piperade)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
Use any of our extra virgin olive oils for this one! Roll up your sleeves - you're making bread. From scratch. By hand. No mixing machines. It's always a little daunting the first time you make bread yourself, but once you actually take the time to do it, you'll find that it's a lot easier than it looks. Plus, nothing is better than fresh baked, homemade bread. It's warm, rich smell will fill your house. It's flavor will far surpass anything you can buy at the store. Anyone that tastes it will marvel at your culinary skills. Plus, you can brag you did it all by hand. You're going to do an awesome job. Pro Tip: For the best results, when making bread always use a digital food scale to measure your flour by weight. Using a cup (or volume) measure is actually wildly inaccurate. Depending [ ... ]Read More
Yield: 4 servings (8 slices)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spicy Sriracha-inspired frittata with fresh vegetables, eggs, goat cheese and Parmesan.
6 eggs 2-3 tsp. Sriracha sauce 2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese 1/4 tsp. pepper 1/8 tsp. salt 2 tsp. olive oil (use any of our Olive Oils!) 1/2 cup red onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes 1 cup baby ‘bella mushrooms, sliced 1 cup red bell pepper, diced 1 cup fresh spinach, packed 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled Parmesan cheese & parsley flakes for garnish
Turn the broiler on to high. Whisk eggs, Sriracha sauce, pepper and salt with a fork until blended. Set aside. Heat the olive oil in a 9-inch or 10-inch oven-safe sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic with a small pinch of salt and sauté for about 6 minutes, until they are soft and very fragrant. Add the parsley, mushrooms and bell [ ... ]Read More
Light and refreshing before the heat truly sets in, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds. We are on a Garlic Olive Oil kick this week so be sure to stop into the store to grab yours today! The recipe (only approximate because I did not measure). 6 yellow squash 1/2 onion 3-5 cloves garlic 1 jalepeño pepper 1 small serranno pepper salt pepper dried basil curry powder dash milk olive oil chicken stock Dice the oinion and garlic (you can never have too much garlic), Saute in olive oil. I forgot to nuke the squash to soften, but I clean them by slicing the ends, and peeling. Chop into blocky pieces 3/4 inch or so. Who needs to be that exact? Toss them in the pot with the onion/garlic, and add the chicken stock. Toss in the spices. Add more spices. Chop the peppers and add them. Simmer for 30 or 40 or 90 minutes (I lost track and [ ... ]Read More
End your summer evening on a delicious note with this Poached Tomato with Iced Crabmeat recipe! It's not only filling, but refreshing too! We suggest Garlic Olive Oil! to enhance the taste of this dish!
- 9 ounces Alaskan King Crabmeat
- 1⁄4 bunch Chives, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Olive Oil
- 3 Yellow Tomatoes
- 3 Red Tomatoes
Cut the top off of each tomato. Places in a parchment-lined roasting pan with the cut side down, and brush with a generous amount of olive oil. Cover the pan with foil and place in a 350F oven for at least an hour or, until the tomatoes are soft and skin has loosened. Once the tomatoes are cooled, peel the tomato and remove excess seeds and pulp. Wrap in a cheesecloth and gently [ ... ]Read More
The Earth has given us everything we could possibly need to nourish our mind, body, and soul along with products to make sure our external is just as fabulous! Try these beauty hacks with any Extra Virgin Olive Oil that High Country Offers and do a little pampering for yourself. Stay lovely y'all.Read More
1) Olive oil bathSophia Loren, gorgeous italian actress, once shared her beauty secret – she loves taking olive oil baths. To prepare the olive oil bath, just add 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into your bathtub and you are done! (You can add more if you like). This simple, yet amazing beauty secret can make your skin soft and very smooth. Here is another variation of the olive oil beauty bath: massage your body with the extra virgin olive oil before hopping into your bathtub, after you finish taking your bath, pat [ ... ]
Sometimes Monday needs a little sweetness. Try our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Excerpted from Olive Oil Desserts: Delicious and Healthy Heart Smart Baking
Serves 26 to 30⅔ cup pure olive oil 1½ cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon butter extract 2¾ cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar ½ teaspoon salt
CINNAMON SUGAR ½ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat large cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla & butter extracts. Blend until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Roll dough into ping pong sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are spread out and tops are light brown.
CINNAMON SUGAR PREPARATION In small mixing bowl, add sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.Picture and [ ... ]
I bet you thought this was going to be a food recipe again eh?? Trying to keep you on your toes! Olive oil has so many health benefits, both by ingesting and using on your body for beautification! For all you new soap makers out there, see the tips below. (Any of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils will do just fine.)Read More
- It’s SO easy. Don’t bother with the Cold Processed Method where you have to heat several bowls and take the temperature of both the lye and the oils. Room Temperature Method is THE WAY to make soaps for busy Mamas. No temperature issues. Less clean up. And it takes about 1 hour or less to make a whole batch, including prepping the molds to cleaning up. This process works for soaps with lye, oil, and butters only. Check out these links:
Comfort food. For when all else fails. Use our Arbonsana Oil to truly experience true decadence.
Oil Cake Serves 8
Ingredients1 cup sugar 2 eggs 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 cup olive oil 1 cup orange juice 1 cup Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
MethodPreheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil and juice. Mix until well combined. In a separate large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined. Incorporate 1/2 cup at a time of dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix with hand mixer until all ingredients have combined. Stir in 1/3 cup walnuts. Pour mixture into bundt pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle, it comes out clean. Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with remaining walnuts [ ... ]
Anyone else craving Italian here lately? Try this recipe for an appetizer. It would pair well with a crisp white wine! Head over to our store today to purchase our Arbequina Olive Oil.Read More
Cook Time8 min A delicious and salty appetizer. Author: Donna Hay Recipe type: Appetizer Serves: 8
- 16 white anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup dill leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices from a baguette
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped in half
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Toss together anchovy fillets, lemon juice, olive oil, capers, mint and dill leaves. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place baguette slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. [ ... ]
Treat your family to a delicious and healthy meal with this Pan-Roasted Salmon with Citrus-Balsamic Vinaigrette and Sautéed Broccolini with Orange-Panko Crust recipe! Your family will thank you for cooking this dinner! You can enhance this recipe with our Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil and our Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic.Read More
Pan-Roasted Salmon with Citrus-Balsamic VinaigretteIngredients: Serves 4 (Slightly Adapted from The Union Square Cafe Cookbook) Sauce:
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet, very finely minced (optional)
- 2 T. finely minced onion
- 2 tsp. each chopped parsley, basil, and mint
- 2 T. finely minced orange zest
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-oz) fillets of salmon, skin on or off
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees [ ... ]
End your long day from work with a delicious slice of French Yogurt Cake! We promise that this recipe with satisfy any sweet tooth. You can even add a citrus flavor with our Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil.Read More
- cooking spray
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt (preferably full fat)
- 1 yogurt container of vegetable or canola oil (or ½ cup)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 containers worth of flour (or 1 ½ cups)
- 2 containers worth of sugar (or 1 cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a 9' cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour yogurt into a medium bowl.
- Fill the now empty yogurt container with olive oil and add to bowl with yogurt.
- Add three eggs and [ ... ]
- Potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven while you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into approx 2cm slices. Put the chips into a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Shake the paprika generously over the chips and season with salt and freshly ground pepper – give the tray a good shake to distribute the seasoning and oil evenly. Put the tray in the oven on the top shelf.
- After 20 mins in the oven, use a fish slice to turn the chips over to ensure that they cook evenly.
- The chips are ready when they are golden brown all over and soft and fluffy in the middle.
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil, and thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano, basil, and thyme. Place the steak in a large resealable bag and add all but 2 - 3 tablespoons of the marinade. Set reserved marinade aside. Let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for 2 - 6 hours.
- Thread meat alternately with the peppers and onion on the skewers. Baste the [ ... ]
Do you have a loved one's birthday coming up? Then try this Olive Oil Citrus Bundt Cake recipe! We guarantee everyone will love this flavorful cake! You can even enhance the citrus flavor with our Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil. Enjoy!Read More
IngredientsMakes 1 (10-inch) Bundt (Adapted from Baked Explorations)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated zest of 2 oranges or lemons
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray the inside of a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick spray; alternatively, butter it well, dust it with flour, and knock out the excess flour (I recommend the latter for more intricate Bundt pan designs).
- In a large bowl, whisk [ ... ]