This variation on the Italian classic cooks up into a thick, delicious soup that's perfect for a cold winter night. The secret to making great minestrone is to sauté the vegetables over medium heat, adding each one in turn. Starting with the onion builds a robust, flavorful base that provides a solid backbone for the soup. Take your time to ensure that the vegetables are cooked and you'll reduce your overall cooking time. Prep: 30 min Cook: 3 hours Total: 3 hours 30 min Serves 10 to 12
- 1 cup dried Great northern white beans
This thick, rich sauce has complex earthy aromas with satisfyingly chunky bites, yet is simple to make and is very low in fat and carbs. For the best results, use two to three different kinds of mushrooms for this dish. More complex mushrooms will give this dish a more nuanced flavor, but even plain white mushrooms will be delicious. Prep: 15 min Chill: 30 min Total: 45 min Serves 8Read More
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Our Truffle Olive Oil would be amazing!)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
[ ... ]
Sometimes Monday needs a little sweetness. Try our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Excerpted from Olive Oil Desserts: Delicious and Healthy Heart Smart Baking
Serves 26 to 30⅔ cup pure olive oil 1½ cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon butter extract 2¾ cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar ½ teaspoon salt
CINNAMON SUGAR ½ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat large cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla & butter extracts. Blend until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Roll dough into ping pong sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are spread out and tops are light brown.