Sometimes Monday needs a little sweetness. Try our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Excerpted from Olive Oil Desserts: Delicious and Healthy Heart Smart Baking
Serves 26 to 30⅔ cup pure olive oil 1½ cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon butter extract 2¾ cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar ½ teaspoon salt
CINNAMON SUGAR ½ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat large cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla & butter extracts. Blend until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Roll dough into ping pong sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are spread out and tops are light brown.
CINNAMON SUGAR PREPARATION In small mixing bowl, add sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.Picture and
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup High Country Lemon or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- extra sugar for dipping
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine eggs, High Country Olive Oil, vanilla and lemon rind in a large mixing bowl and beat well. Add sugar and beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies with the greased bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer immediately to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.