Shrimp and Quinoa
- In a large pot bring water to boil, then add in quinoa.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and set aide for 10 minutes or, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent then add the green pepper
Peach Balsamic Glazed Fish
- 3 Tbsp High Country Peach Balsamic
- 1 tsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pieces cod, halibut, tilapia or haddock (about 1 inch thick, 5-6 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp High Country Arbequina EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix High Country Peach Balsamic, brown sugar and mustard in a bowl. Rinse fish and pat dry. Brush lightly with High Country Arbequina EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a 10-12 inch nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. Add fish and cook until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn pieces over. Spoon balsamic mixture over browned sides. Lower heat and cook until fish is opaque but still moist looking in the center, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Quick and Elegant Shrimp Scampi
- 1/2 lb. peeled and deveined medium size shrimp
- 2 TBSP of High Country Organic Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
Bring garlic oil slowly up to medium high heat. Add shrimp. Saute 2 minutes. Turn. Sauté 1 min. add wine to pan and bring to boil. Immediately pour over your favorite pasta. Squeeze lemon for flavor and garnish. Sprinkle with parsley, cracked pepper and fresh grated parmesan.