Our Garlic Olive Oil would be great with this recipe! The recipe: Add fresh pasta to a pot of boiling water. Throw a sprinkle of pine nuts and almond flakes into a hot pan drizzled in extra virgin olive oil. Once they start to brown, add slices of roma tomatoes that have been quartered longways and some finely chopped contintental parsley. Keep it on a high heat and stir as necessary. The pasta will only take a few minutes, so drain, shake through a little olive oil and serve. Add a few leaves of rocket on top of the pasta to make a bed for the sauce, then add the sauce. Drizzle a bit more olive oil (or some of the pasta cooking water) for moisture and cover with parmesan to taste. Bloody lovely! recipe taken from commons.wikimedia.org under the Creative Commons License.
This pasta recipe is the perfect addition for a summer night dinner! You can give this recipe an added kick with our Harissa Hot Olive Oil.
- 1 box whole grain penne (approx 14 oz)
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 ears of corn, corn cut off from cob
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 6 oz jalapeno chicken sausage, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1-1/2 tablespoons for veggies
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 5 handfuls of baby spinach
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large high sided skillet heat 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add red peppers, tomatoes, corn and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage and reduce heat to medium, cover pan and cook for approximately
Escape the cold weather with this delicious Sun-Dried Tomato And Walnut Penne Recipe! We guarantee it will warm your body and soul! You can enhance this recipe with our Herbs de Provence Olive Oil.
- penne pasta
- sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil
- yellow tomatoes
- olive oil
- Cook your penne, drain and put in ice water to stop the pasta from cooking any more in its own heat.
- Mince a clove or two of garlic and add to a nice big glug of olive oil in a small bowl. Add a handful of sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl and distress them with a fork so they flavour the oil slightly. Add a handful of walnut pieces (don't crush them, just break them into generous pieces).
- Slice the yellow tomatoes and salt them. Salting the cut side of a tomato will help draw