This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
ANCHOVY & HERB SALAD CROSTINI
Anyone else craving Italian here lately? Try this recipe for an appetizer. It would pair well with a crisp white wine! Head over to our store today to purchase our Arbequina Olive Oil.
A delicious and salty appetizer.
Author: Donna Hay
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 16 white anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup dill leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices from a baguette
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped in half
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Toss together anchovy fillets, lemon juice, olive oil, capers, mint and dill leaves. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place baguette slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 8 minutes. Brush cut side of garlic cloves onto baguette slices (you may not need to 2 cloves, but my garlic broke into pieces before I got through the 8 slices so I needed more!) and top the slices with the anchovy salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from: sweetestkitchen.com under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.