This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Calling all chocolate lovers! If you love chocolate but are wanting to maintain a healthy diet, then this recipe is for you! Try Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil to add a sweet and fruity flavor to this recipe.
- 110g teff flour
- 85g potato or tapioca starch
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 65g (1/3 cup) oil
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup frozen cherries, roughly chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped cherries, and stir briefly to combine.
- Dollop batter into prepared muffin cups and bake 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, and then remove to a cooling rack to finish.
Photo and recipe from: woodenspoonbaking.com under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.