This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
French Yogurt Cake
The Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil would be great with this one!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Total: 1 hour
- Yields 1 small cake
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a 9′ cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt (preferably full fat)
- Pour yogurt into a medium bowl.
- 1 yogurt container of vegetable or canola oil (or ½ cup)
- Fill the now empty yogurt container with olive oil and add to bowl with yogurt.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add three eggs and vanilla extra to bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Wash and dry the yogurt container.
- 3 containers worth of flour (or 1 ½ cups)
- 2 containers worth of sugar (or 1 cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Add flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake at 350°F until cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a plate and let cool completely.
Serve with whipped cream and/or fruit. Store airtight at room temperature.