This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
Shrimp and Quinoa
Calling all seafood lovers! This recipe is for you! It’s loaded with shrimp and packed full of delicious flavors! You can even enhance the flavor of this recipe by adding some Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil!
- For the quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- In a large pot bring water to boil, then add in quinoa.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and set aide for 10 minutes or, until all liquid is absorbed.
Rest of the dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, fine chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, fine chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed and evenly chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, fine chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, fine chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent then add the green pepper until tender
- Add mushrooms, asparagus, raisins, cilantro, dill and ginger and keep cooking until the asparagus is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in shrimp and cook until opaque.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa with the lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss with the skillet mixture and parsley to serve.
Picture and Recipe from: oliveandruby.com