This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
Neighborhood Pizzeria Sauce
Nothing says back to school like pizza! Well…to us anyways! Try this with one of our Balsamic vinaigrettes (come in for suggestions). Give the kids something their tummies and taste buds will remember much longer than the pizza and the school year.
- Prep: 5 min
- Total: 5 min
- Yields 2 cups (enough for 4-6 pizzas
- 28 ounce can whole or diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped or minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Blend the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
This keeps up to a week in the fridge or several months in the freezer.