This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
Gambas Al Ajillo
It’s summer time, which means shrimp is in season! If you are looking for a quick, easy, and delicious shrimp recipe to make, then this recipe called Gambas al ajillo from PBS’s Marc Matsumoto is for you! This dish originated from Spain and has been altered by Matsumoto from being a spicy chili pepper dish to a more smokey flavor dish to better compliment the browned garlic and shrimp. We recommend using our Garlic Olive Oil to help bring out the flavor of the elephant garlic. Give it try and tell us what you think!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 50 grams elephant garlic, roughly chopped (1.75 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon pimentón
- 450 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined (1 pound)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley to garnish
- Put your oven rack in the middle position and heat to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Add the oil and garlic to a cast iron pan and heat over medium high heat. Fry the garlic until it just starts to turn brown around the edges. Add the pimentón, and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the pan in the oven and cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque all the way through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley. Toss the shrimp to coat with the oil and serve with bread.
Yield: 2 servings