This recipe would be great for a family meal! To make this recipe taste even
Baked Bree’s Dark Chocolate Ice Cream with Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanillaSAM’S SUNDAE
- Dark Chocolate ice cream
- Bergamot olive oil (I used blood orange – amazing)
- Freshly whipped cream
- Maldon Sea saltINSTRUCTIONS
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 6 Tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder and other 6 Tablespoons of sugar. Whisk in ¼ cup of the milk to make a thick paste.
- Whisk in remaining milk, cream, and salt.
- Heat over medium high heat, and remove when bubbles form around the edges.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in ½ cup of the hot cream. Whisk constantly, to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Add another ½ cup of the hot cream to temper the yolks.
- Pour the yolk mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it coats the back of a spoon. You will be able to run your finger down the middle, and it will hold a clear path. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Strain the base to catch any bits. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a container and place in an ice bath. Stir occasionally, and when it has cooled, covered with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze in your ice maker according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container to freeze until firm.