The deep, rich flavor of black raspberries is dramatically enhanced in this pie by balsamic vinegar and tempered with honey to create one of our favorite dessert recipes yet. If fresh black raspberries are not in season, you can use fresh blueberries instead for equally amazing results.Read More
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hour 10 min
- Total: 1 hour 50 min - Serves 8
Dough2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour Measure flour into a large bowl. 2 teaspoon salt ¾ cup vegetable shortening Add the salt and shortening. Using two dull butter knives or a pastry blender, blend the flour, salt and shortening until the shortening is the size of peas. 10 to 12 tablespoons ice cold water Fill a wide-mouthed glass with ice. Add water to the top. Measure or pour the ice cold water into the flour mixture. Using a spatula or your hands, mix the water into the flour to form a large [ ... ]
A simple and delicious way to cook salmon without a grill. Try our Arbequina Olive Oil with this one!
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Total: 20 min - Serves 4
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and place baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500°F. 1 salmon fillet, with skin (about 2 pounds) Using a sharp knife, make 4 or 5 shallow slashes on the skin side, taking care to not cut into the flesh. You merely want to create stem vents through the skin. Place skin side down on a cutting board or plate. 2 teaspoons olive oil ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Using a pastry brush or your hands, coat the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce oven temperature to 275°F degrees [ ... ]Read More
Use any of our extra virgin olive oils for this one! Roll up your sleeves - you're making bread. From scratch. By hand. No mixing machines. It's always a little daunting the first time you make bread yourself, but once you actually take the time to do it, you'll find that it's a lot easier than it looks. Plus, nothing is better than fresh baked, homemade bread. It's warm, rich smell will fill your house. It's flavor will far surpass anything you can buy at the store. Anyone that tastes it will marvel at your culinary skills. Plus, you can brag you did it all by hand. You're going to do an awesome job. Pro Tip: For the best results, when making bread always use a digital food scale to measure your flour by weight. Using a cup (or volume) measure is actually wildly inaccurate. Depending [ ... ]Read More
Try this recipe with our Garlic Olive Oil!Read More
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 little cucumber
- ½ green pepper
- 1 onion, and a garlic teeth
- Water, Olive Oil, Vinegar and Salt
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, onion and pepper (reserve a bit of onion, pepper and cucumber and chop them finely to serve as a side dish).
- Place them all together in the blender,add the garlic and shred.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, oil, vinegar and salt to taste and mash again.
- If you like gazpacho as a cold drink strain the mixture and serve, but if you like gazpacho as a soup to be taken with a spoon, just don’t do it.
- Accompanies the summer gazpacho garnished with chives, cucumber and pepper.
- Add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to take gazpacho if it isn’t just made and it will be like it would be
Try using our Garlic Olive Oil for this one!
Ingredients– 2 potatoes – 4 eggs – Some basil branches – 1 little iceberg lettuce – 50 gr of parmigiano cheese – 30 gr of pinions – A half a garlic teeth – Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Salt howtooliveoil.com undet the Creative Commons License. [ ... ]
Summer is upon us and a long with summer, a whole lot of sweat and dirt from playing. Use this body scrub to refresh and exfoliate your skin with any of our olive oils! Lemon juice is an excellent ingredient that is a natural bleaching agent, which also contains anti-bacterial properties, making it ideal for complete skin care. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer, while sugar is an amazing exfoliant. The vanilla extract adds that fragrant aroma that keeps your skin smelling fresh and enticing. Body scrubRead More
- In a clean bowl, mix together 3 cups of raw sugar, three quarters of a cup of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, the zest of 2 lemons, and 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients well and slather this on your entire body, using your fingertips to massage it into your skin. Do this [ ... ]
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Total: 1 hour 30 min
- Serves 12
Vegetablescooking spray Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. 3 carrots, sliced about 1⁄4 inch thick 1 large zucchini, sliced about 1⁄4 inch thick and cubed 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced 1 small red onion, chopped Chop vegetables and place in a large bowl. 1 tablespoon olive oil 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon sugar 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat veggies. Pour veggies out onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375°F until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. While veggies are roasting, cook noodles. When done, remove veggies from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Sauce3 cups / 24 ounces pasta sauce If you are going to make your own [ ... ]
"This recipe is packed with bright, zesty flavors and chewy, whole grain wheat berries."Try using our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Prep: 20 min Stand: 1 hour Cook: 1 hour Total: 2 hours 20 minRead More
- 1 ½ cups wheat berries
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup dried fruit such as figs, dates, or apricots, chopped finely
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ½ medium red onion (about 1 ¼ cup), finely chopped
- 4 large stalks celery (about 1 ½ cups), finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Soft & chewy Toffee Chocolate Chips Blondies made with our Arbequina Olive Oil.
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 large egg 2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 tsp. kosher salt 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/3 cup chocolate chips (1 Tablespoon reserved) 1/3 cup toffee chips (1 Tablespoon reserved)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square 8x8 baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the Butter Flavored Olive Oil and the brown sugar with a wooden spoon until mixed well. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Stir in the salt and flour and mix until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips and toffee chips (reserving 1 Tablespoon of each.) Spread the dough into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and toffee chips evenly over the top. Bake in a [ ... ]Read More
Yield: 4 servings (8 slices)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spicy Sriracha-inspired frittata with fresh vegetables, eggs, goat cheese and Parmesan.
6 eggs 2-3 tsp. Sriracha sauce 2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese 1/4 tsp. pepper 1/8 tsp. salt 2 tsp. olive oil (use any of our Olive Oils!) 1/2 cup red onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes 1 cup baby ‘bella mushrooms, sliced 1 cup red bell pepper, diced 1 cup fresh spinach, packed 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled Parmesan cheese & parsley flakes for garnish
Turn the broiler on to high. Whisk eggs, Sriracha sauce, pepper and salt with a fork until blended. Set aside. Heat the olive oil in a 9-inch or 10-inch oven-safe sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic with a small pinch of salt and sauté for about 6 minutes, until they are soft and very fragrant. Add the parsley, mushrooms and bell [ ... ]Read More
Healthy and chips in the same sentence? You bet!Read More
- Preparation time: 15 mins approx
- Cooking time: 40 mins approx
- Preheat oven: 425 F
- Potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil - try our Arbequina!
- Preheat the oven while you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into approx 1/4 in. slices. Put the chips into a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Shake the paprika generously over the chips and season with salt and freshly ground pepper – give the tray a good shake to distribute the seasoning and oil evenly. Put the tray in the oven on the top shelf.
- After 20 mins in the oven, use a spatula to turn the chips over to ensure that they cook evenly.
- The chips are ready when they are golden brown all over and soft and fluffy in the middle.
Always a touch of sweetness...Use our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil for this one!
Light and refreshing before the heat truly sets in, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds. We are on a Garlic Olive Oil kick this week so be sure to stop into the store to grab yours today! The recipe (only approximate because I did not measure). 6 yellow squash 1/2 onion 3-5 cloves garlic 1 jalepeño pepper 1 small serranno pepper salt pepper dried basil curry powder dash milk olive oil chicken stock Dice the oinion and garlic (you can never have too much garlic), Saute in olive oil. I forgot to nuke the squash to soften, but I clean them by slicing the ends, and peeling. Chop into blocky pieces 3/4 inch or so. Who needs to be that exact? Toss them in the pot with the onion/garlic, and add the chicken stock. Toss in the spices. Add more spices. Chop the peppers and add them. Simmer for 30 or 40 or 90 minutes (I lost track and [ ... ]Read More
Our Garlic Olive Oil would be great with this recipe! The recipe: Add fresh pasta to a pot of boiling water. Throw a sprinkle of pine nuts and almond flakes into a hot pan drizzled in extra virgin olive oil. Once they start to brown, add slices of roma tomatoes that have been quartered longways and some finely chopped contintental parsley. Keep it on a high heat and stir as necessary. The pasta will only take a few minutes, so drain, shake through a little olive oil and serve. Add a few leaves of rocket on top of the pasta to make a bed for the sauce, then add the sauce. Drizzle a bit more olive oil (or some of the pasta cooking water) for moisture and cover with parmesan to taste. Bloody lovely! recipe taken from commons.wikimedia.org under the Creative Commons License. [ ... ]Read More
It's shrimp season! We promise this Shrimp and Quinoa will satisfy any seafood lover's flavor palate, especially if you use our Garlic Olive Oil! Ingredients For the quinoa 1 1/2 cups of water 1 cup uncooked quinoa Quinoa preparationRead More
- In a large pot bring water to boil, then add in quinoa.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and set aide for 10 minutes or, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent then add the green pepper [ ... ]